Wild Camping, Sea Kayaking, Coastal Foraging and SUP Adventure
Wild Camping, Sea Kayaking, Coastal Foraging and SUP Adventure Details
Wild Camping, Sea Kayaking, Coastal Foraging and SUP Adventure
2 Full Days / 1 Night Adventure
Group Size: 12
Great for individuals, friends
Location: Middle Beach, Studland or further afield
Suitable for those with a bit of experience
Available: April — October
Full kit list provided on booking
Wild Camping, Sea Kayaking, Coastal Foraging and SUP Adventure Reviews
“Fantastic weekend kayaking and wild camping event with Dan and John at Fore. Professional and friendly. Can highly recommend.”
“I can’t believe how much amazing adventure we packed into one weekend. I barely wanted to come home. Thank you so much for this once-in-a-lifetime experience. I’m definitely a lover of the great outdoors (now!). I have been recommending this experience to everyone I meet.”
“The kayaking, SUP, foraging, and camping weekend was incredible. Dan’s enthusiasm is contagious and our entire group learned so much in such a short space of time. We were so lucky with the weather, the views and the wildlife”
“Super recommend the weekend adventure with Fore, the team, the guides, the food and the entire experience were all incredible – thank you”
Wild Camping, Sea Kayaking, Coastal Foraging and SUP Adventure Questions
Join us to explore the beautiful Dorset coast by sea kayak on this unique wild camping weekend with kayaking and food adventure. Our kayaking location in Dorset is set within Studland, a tranquil nature reserve with the famous Old Harry Rocks on one side of the peninsula and Poole harbour on the other.
Old Harry Rocks nested between Swanage and Studland, offers an exciting and varied sea kayaking playground, here we explore the caves and archways formed by nature and put your sea kayaking skills to the test in this dynamic ever changing sea kayaking environment.
Poole harbour is one of the largest natural harbours in the world and a haven for wildlife and marine life, even though Studland is accessible from London in just 2 hours amongst the islands and creeks you would feel a million miles away from civilisation, making our destination in Dorset the perfect place to escape to.
Immerse Yourself In Nature With A Wild Camping Adventure
Our co-founder Dan Scott is an experienced sea kayak coach with over 20 years of kayak coaching experience, he has worked extensively along the Dorset coast since setting up the business 8 years ago. Living and working in the Dorset area has allowed Dan to develop an intimate knowledge of the Jurassic Coastline and he is a qualified bushcraft instructor and ethnobotanist with a thorough knowledge of the local flora and fauna and his specialism is in coastal foraging and seaweed.
Join this wild camping weekend sea kayaking expedition in Dorset to immerse yourself in nature, embrace the wilderness, brush up on your kayaking skills and learn new ones as we forage and fish from kayaks, snorkel, wild camp on the Dorset coast and cook up a storm in the great outdoors.
You don’t need to be an expert sea kayaker however we do require that you have some level of experience and are able to control a kayak confidently, and can safely capsize. We can provide tuition prior if required, our half day sea kayak tuition courses are £60pp and full day sea kayaking courses are £100pp. Spaces on these adventures are very limited so grab them before they’re gone!
Amazing! So What’s Included?
2 Full Days / 1 night Adventure £290pp ~ Itinerary
* Two days guided Sea kayaking along Jurassic World Heritage Coast
* Fishing, foraging & Stand up paddleboarding
* One night wild camping at our private site
* All Meals included
* Train Station transfers (available at additional cost*)
* All kayaking equipment included, plus Bivvy bag, please bring your own sleeping bag & mat.
- 10:00 at Wareham Quay.
- Kayaking around the islands and creeks in one of the world’s largest natural harbours.
- Purbeck picnic lunch at a hidden beach.
- Kayaking, foraging, and fishing.
- Supper with foraged ingredients.
- A night under the stars, wild camping.
- Expedition breakfast.
- Kayaking and fishing around to Studland.
- Exped lunch at Old Harry Rocks.
- Explore Sea stacks and Caves by Kayak at Old Harry Rocks.
- Snorkel at a secret cove.
- SUP in Studland Bay.
- Departure from Studland at 16:00.
- Transfers priced at £30pp to and from Wareham Station.
Please arrive at the meeting point on the quay at Wareham 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as unfortunately, we can’t hold the session if you are late.
This course is suitable for experienced sea kayakers who can roll a kayak and self-rescue. If you are a beginner we can get your skills up to speed on our sea kayaking courses and tuition prior to taking part in the weekend. We run intro to sea kayaking and intermediate and advanced courses. To take part in this course you will need to be at an intermediate level.
We also run shorter overnight trips for beginners who have taken part in our intro to sea kayaking course or equivalent see the Night Paddle, Wild Bivi & Sunrise Sup | Mini Exped
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will also need to wear your swimwear or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes for afterward, a towel, and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Bring a wear a base layer to wear under our wetsuit if the weather turns (manmade fabric such as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too for the evening, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks. We sleep outside under the stars and will provide bivi bags but you will need to bring a sleeping bag and roll mat.
Minimum Age/ Pricing
- £290pp (minimum age 18 years).
- We can run these weekends as private events, for £3480 for groups of up to 12.
- The min age is 14+ on bespoke adventure weekends.
- To book a bespoke course select the book ‘entire activity’ button and this session will be booked privately for your group.
- Please contact us directly if there are not enough sessions available to book your entire group or the date you want and we can check if we have availability to add more.
Half Day At Old Harry
Beginners Sea Kayaking
Life Under The Sea
Coastal Food Experience
Kayak, Fish, Forage And Feast
Full Day At Old Harry
Intermediate Sea Kayaking
Half Day At Studland Bay
Paddleboarding At Old Harry
Wild Food Experience
Forage And Feast