Privacy & Data Policy
In this document (“Privacy & Data Policy”) Fore Adventure (“Fore Adventure” / “We”), as otherwise identified in its website, explains how Fore Adventure uses data and handles privacy and why and how Fore Adventure collects and uses information.
We also cover the choices available to you in accordance with your rights as a data subject and its obligations. This document reflects policy as from 25 May 2018. “You” means anyone reading this document, who may be a customer (or customer), prospective customer, a business interaction party, or visitor to the website.
Fore Adventure is a UK business providing adventures and events in Dorset, as well certain specific services to customers with whom it enters into contracts as such within its sectors of activity. In referring to “Services” or Fore Adventures activities we are referring to our day-to-day business in those sectors, including in meeting the needs of Fore Adventure’s existing and prospective customers, those it communicates and interacts with for its business purposes, or because those parties have expressed interest in our business, and the need for maintenance of books and records.
Fore Adventure complies with requirements of privacy and confidentiality, and with applicable data protection legislation, including, previously, the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and now the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, effective 25 May 2018.
Fore Adventure determines data management practices and safeguards according to the above-stated purposes and is the controller of all relevant information along with GDPR-compliant data processors. Fore Adventure’s guiding principle is only to use information fairly and for the bona fide purposes of its business doing so at all times with regard to the consent obtained from you and your instructions in relation to the use of information.
Information Which Fore Adventure May Hold Or Retain
1. Customer Data
– Information that you supply to Fore Adventure in the exercise of your choice to do so for the purposes of enquiry or contract, which may include certain information which Fore Adventure requests, which may be compulsory or not. In general, compulsory information is oriented towards establishing a proper basis for contractual relations, for example, as to customer or contact identity, address (necessary for financial processing), usual contact information, including email and at least one active telephone number, and necessary age particulars, and non-compulsory information is oriented to Fore Adventure’s better understanding customer needs and preferences including, where the customer wishes it, marketing communications – all of this is “Customer Data”.
– You should be aware that all businesses may be required in specified circumstances to report to the police or other relevant authorities’ activities regarded to be criminal, otherwise unlawful or potentially so, including in relation to so-called identify fraud, and that your rights and Fore Adventure’s obligations to you in respect of Customer Data or otherwise, may be subject to and overridden by public interest and our obligation to comply with the investigations and enquiries of proper authorities.
– Fore Adventure will only hold Customer Data which you provide with your consent. Fore Adventure may reasonably assume consent on a continuing basis where you engage Fore Adventure or subscribe to one or other of its Services and the relevant contract has not been terminated.
– In respect of marketing Fore Adventure believes that many people may be interested in information about Fore Adventure’s activities, products and Services, and other related information, whether a customer of Fore Adventure or not. Accordingly, we offer the opportunity to sign up to receive newsletters from us as well as other communications in respect of material which we believe may be of interest to you. Such marketing activities by us are always subject to your explicit consent and you may at any time unsubscribe from our mailings altogether or modify your preferences. We do not provide your personal information to external organisations (businesses other than Fore Adventure) for their own marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
– For the purposes of the proper running and administration of Fore Adventure’s business, including accounting, we may handle, including via a data processor, the following “Other Information”:
• Information relating to work undertaken specific to a customer, e.g. time/task recording;
• Financial information relating to retainer, invoicing and payment. Fore Adventure may collect and store billing address information but only in compliance with applicable legislation or regulation and with your permission;
• Information relating to visits to Fore Adventure’s web services and other activities connected with the Services. This may include information about how you are accessing and using the Fore Adventure’s website and the Services, including past work, administrative and support communications, including in respect of any complaints, and how you engage with features, content, and any links, and what integrations and embeds you use (in so far as Fore Adventure operates them);
• Contact information, including any you elect to share with us by way of any application (e.g. by way of so-called “sharing”);
• Log data. This is information compiled, for example, whenever you visit a website, or your mobile app sends and receives data as you use it. This log data may include your so-called Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page or pages you visited before accessing Fore Adventure’s Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. This list is not exhaustive;
• Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location;
• In respect of Other Information, Fore Adventure will always respect such rights as you may exercise to block, restrict or manage information as set out above, including by way of settings in your relevant device/s.
– You should be able to clear and reset your browsing history and cookies within your own device’s settings. This may require you to re-confirm agreements as to cookies and our website terms and conditions the next time you visit the Fore Adventure website.
How We Use Your Information
Fore Adventure uses your information to provide, maintain and improve its services and in protecting, enhancing, and administering its business.
1. Customer Data
Fore Adventure accesses and makes reasonable use of Customer Data in accordance with the terms of a customer’s consent and instructions, and applicable terms and conditions, in order to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services, (b) address service, security, technical issues or in accordance with a customer’s request for assistance or support, or in addressing any grievance or complaint (c) comply with the law or any lawful data request or instruction and (d) to service any matter arising from Fore Adventure’s terms and conditions from time to time in accordance with them. This Fore Adventure does in accordance with its statutory and contractual security and confidentiality obligations.
2. Other Information
Fore Adventure uses Other Information for the following purposes, to:
– improve and better understand its business and the Services, including through selective surveys and other research to analyse and understand how Fore Adventure Services are being used and our products seen in terms of quality and customer satisfaction;
– To communicate with you and other parties by for example:
• Responding to your requests, if you contact Fore Adventure with a problem, query or question, Fore Adventure will use available information, including any you give, to respond;
• Sending emails and messages. Fore Adventure may send you Services and administrative emails and messages. Fore Adventure may also contact you to inform you about changes in the Services, its Service offerings, and important notices related to the Service and the website, such as in relation to security, fraud and data breach. These emails and messages are an essential part of the Services and our mutual interests and you may not opt out of them other than by terminating Fore Adventure’s contract. Fore Adventure occasionally may send emails about new product features or other news about its business. You may opt out of these at any time if you are a person;
– Manage Billings and account systems and records if you have made a booking with us. Fore Adventure uses account data, including typical products and services supply and project management software packages to administer accounts, and customer projects and to keep track of billing and payments; we use third-party Bookeo and PayPal so your details are not stored on our system
– Conduct marketing exercises – you may opt out of these at any time;
– Investigate and prevent abuse and security breaches;
– This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable customer or other data subject – in other words, information which is a general nature and not specific to your identity or Customer Data.
1. Customer Data
Subject to retaining information necessary to maintain an active customer account, Fore Adventure will always respect your wishes in relation to Customer Data. Fore Adventure has only basic and simple records, so there is no self-management of your customer profile. You may always elect to close your account or advise Fore Adventure by email, telephone or through the ‘CONTACT’ page as to your particular requests or instructions.
2. Other Methods For Choice
Many browsers have functions that provide you with privacy, security, and control tools, for example in relation to cookies and other aspects of data storage. Your mobile device will include a broad range of settings options for you to tailor what the device and your use of it may reveal to other parties, for example, location data and notifications. These controls are not within our remit or control and are matters of your preferred use of options available to you in your particular devices’ operating systems and installed apps. If we offer any mobile device app, it will be subject to this Privacy & Data Policy.
2. Other Information
If you have any questions about our use of Other Information you may contact Fore Adventure at any time with your enquiry.
Sharing And Disclosure
On occasion information described in this Privacy & Data Policy may be shared by Fore Adventure.
1. Customer Data
Fore Adventure may share Customer Data in accordance with any agreement with any customer and the customer’s instructions, and this may be with third-party service providers and agents. Fore Adventure may engage third-party companies or individuals to process Customer Data on its behalf. Fore Adventure may combine with other businesses and partners in conducting business and delivering services. Fore Adventure may for the purposes of its business and in servicing customers integrate elements into its platforms and customer resources, which may include integrations added by a customer or by someone else with the customer’s consent.
Fore Adventure does not assume responsibility for and has no liability in respect of the use of third parties of information that is not gathered directly from Fore Adventure or which is provided by the choice of the customer or other relevant business partner.
2. Other Information
Fore Adventure may share Other Information in the lawful operation of its business and other legitimate purposes, and for purposes of assessment and review of quality control and performance indicators and in order to resolve any issue or controversy that arises between Fore Adventure and a customer or otherwise in connection with or because of our business. Fore Adventure may use third parties to process and analyse Other Information.
2. Other Disclosures
Below are examples of when Fore Adventure may otherwise disclose Customer Data and Other Information which may occur:
– During changes to Fore Adventure’s business structure, for example, if it engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, sale of some or all of our assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of its business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (including so-called “due diligence”);
– To comply with applicable laws and regulations or to conform to any code of practice or conduct to which the firm is subject, including in relation to proper and valid requests for disclosure, or the requirements of a court order or police or other authority’s investigation;
– To enforce Fore Adventure’s rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Fore Adventure or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud;
– In the case of aggregated or de-identified information, then for any purpose. For example, Fore Adventure may share aggregated or de-identified information for bona fide business or research purposes.
General Policies/ Further Information
Fore Adventure takes security seriously and has appropriate and up-to-date systems to protect the information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure, and ensures the same is the case with its own service providers. These systems take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process, and store, and the current state of available technology having regard to the nature, size, and scale of Fore Adventure’s business from time to time. Details of Fore Adventure’s prevailing security practices may be requested at any time by any party entitled to make such a request.
2. Under Age
Fore Adventure will only enter into customer relations with persons over the age of 18 at the relevant point of the contract unless the lawful parent/s or guardian/s with appropriate authority confirm otherwise and provide all required GDPR-compliant consents. For this reason, Fore Adventure will neither hold nor process any information relating to such persons other than on the same basis. In the event that Fore Adventure discovers that any account has been opened with it in breach of this policy, Fore Adventure will take appropriate steps, including in respect of safeguarding and closure of the account.
2. Changes To This Privacy & Data Policy
Fore Adventure may change this Privacy and Data Policy from time to time, and if it does so it will post any changes on this page. If you use the Services or deal with Fore Adventure after those changes are in effect, you will be deemed to have agreed to and accepted the revised policy.
2. More Questions?
Please also feel free to contact Fore Adventure if you have any questions about this Privacy & Data Policy or Fore Adventure’s associated practices.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them from being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Senior Data Manager Jade Scott contact: firstname.lastname@example.org