Bushcraft And Foraging – 2 Hour Experience
Bushcraft And Foraging Details
Bushcraft and Foraging – 2 Hour
Adult £40.00pp & Child £25.00pp
Group Size: 12
Great for families or groups of friends
Location: Middle Beach, Studland
Suitable for anyone
Available: All year round
Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear
Bushcraft And Foraging Reviews
“WOW! Thank you for a lovely time on the family bushcraft experience last Saturday. Really interesting foraging on the Dorset coast. The highly entertaining guide (Dan) was great with the kids and taught them how to make a fire and even cook some edible mushrooms we found along the way.”
” Lovely to see the kids and their dad connecting over nature. Who knew my husband could remember his boy scout bushcraft skills? I’d recommend this to families for a fun day out.”
“Fun and exciting kayak trip for all the family. Cooking marshmallows on a fire was definitely the highlight for our little ones. We enjoyed the fun instruction and learned a lot in a relatively short space of time. We will be booking in on the Autumn special as soon as we get home”
“Everyone in our group loved this family bushcraft experience, especially the children. We have been out in the local woods a few times building shelters with the kids and even booked a camping trip to wales specifically so the kids could practice their campfire-building and cooking skills. Highly recommend.”
Bushcraft And Foraging Questions
This bushcraft & foraging course is the perfect activity for beginners or anyone who wants to experience taster sessions. It is also ideal for families to gain skills to really enjoy time outdoors together for years to come. For youths, depending on the age of the group, the above will be appropriately tailored. Suitable for age 8+, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
Upon arrival at our base in Studland, your instructor will walk you into the woodland, taking the opportunity to forage along the way. They will show you wild plants and explain their uses and properties. On arrival at the bushcraft area, they will outline the session and introduce you to the bushcraft equipment you will be using.
Woodland Bushcraft Skills
Coming into the woods with us, depending on the time of year and season will mean learning all sorts of outdoor skills. Your session could include a selection of the following activities; shelter building, and the all-important fire lighting. Practicing tool techniques, creating camp crafts as we go. As well as this we’ll explore the wild plants around us and help you brush up on your foraging skills and you’ll have the opportunity to make your own wild teabags to take away.
Time spent outside is so beneficial, to disconnect from the modern world. Reconnecting with each other is something we all need to do more of. Our bushcraft taster sessions are designed to help you do just that and ignite a new healthy hobby that you can take away and do more of as an outdoor activity.
Whether you are a group of friends or have pre-teens or older children we will tailor the bushcraft sessions. There are appropriate activities for everyone and provide opportunities for you to work together in your teams to bond and build a stronger connection to the outdoors and each other.
- All of our Bushcraft sessions run from our Hutquarters in Studland.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start. We, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- After a short safety briefing, you will walk into the woodland site where to session takes place.
- This trip is suitable for beginners and people who already have some bushcraft knowledge and want to practice techniques.
What To Bring
Bring clothes suitable for the seasons and the weather on the day. That means full waterproofs, sturdy covered footwear – walking/welly boots. Wear some old clothes due to brambles and fire. Just remember that we will be outside no matter the weather!
Minimum Age/ Price
- £40pp for adults / £25pp for children (minimum age allowed is 8 years).
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- The private 2 hour foraging and bushcraft courses are £400 for groups of up to 12. If your group is larger than 12 we can still accommodate you.
- We can work with groups of up to 24. For larger groups, we run multiple groups of up to 12 at the same time to make up a larger group size. You will still need to book an entire group of up to 12 even if your group size is smaller than this.
- The min age is 6+ for the bespoke sessions.
- To book a bespoke session select the book ‘entire activity’ button and this session will be booked privately for your group. Please contact us directly if there are not enough sessions available to book your entire group and we can check if we have availability to add more.
Traverse The Dorset Coast
Wild Food Experience
Forage And Feast
Conquer The Coastal Cliffs
Beginners Rock Climbing