Kayak Fishing, Foraging And Feasting
Kayak Fishing, Foraging And Feasting Details
Kayak, Fish, Forage, And Feast
Group Size: 20
Great for families, couples and groups
Location: Middle Beach, Studland
Suitable for beginners
Available: April — October
Please bring swimwear and footwear
Kayak Fishing, Foraging And Feasting Reviews
“Thanks for a great experience on our Kayak fishing, foraging, and feasting day. We had a great time. We learned a lot about seaweed (surprisingly tasty!) and enjoyed both the kayaking and the meal afterward. Loved the enthusiasm of all, and thanks for sharing the knowledge. We will return with more family members soon!”
Tony & Sandra
“I just wanted to say thank you for a brilliant day on Saturday, we all had a superb time. The kayaking was great fun and it was brilliant to see our local landscape from a new perspective with the foraging opportunities just adding to that. As for the food, it was simply superb, fresh, tasty, and the perfect way to round out the day. I’m really glad that I found you, it was the perfect thing for us to do, and I’m hoping that I can find an opportunity to come back and do it again soon!”
“Awesome experience! We did kayak, forage and feast- it was a great day out. Learnt a lot about foraging, kayaked to the most scenic and beautiful cliffs, and finished it with an insanely tasty dinner made from local fish and veg. Guys who run FORE are awesome, passionate about what they do, and funny. We had a blast!”
“A really well organised, Kayak, Fish Forage, Feast day and in beautiful surroundings. Team Kayak, Andy and Kyle, herded a friendly group of us through holes in the Old Harry Cliffs, and we surprised them by actually catching a fish. Enjoyed basking in the sun in my water gear and poking about for seaweed to eat. After that, Dan took us on a mini coastal walk to identify edible/useful plants and then we were fed an outstanding foraged ingredients lunch by chef Stu, assisted by Molly (special mention for such a pretty table) !! A really lovely day surrounding by sea and being prodded gently towards foraging. Thank you team”
Kayak Fishing, Foraging And Feasting Questions
Our trusty kayaks allow us to access the stunning Jurassic coastline for a journey into the wild. The wonderful creeks and islands of Poole Harbour and the chalky stacks of Old Harry Rocks are hosts to a whole array of wild edibles. Hop aboard a Fore adventure to source your supper with us by kayaking, fishing, and foraging for the ingredients you need. On our kayak, fish, forage, and feast we cook up a fantastic feast alfresco for you and your new adventure companions beside the sea.
Founders of Fore Jade and Dan Scott know the craft they love inside out and have been featured on numerous foodie programs such as Uncharted with Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Olivers Friday Night Feast aswell as extensive coverage in the press. These exclusive events only run a handle of times a year so don’t miss your chance to take part.
On a typical day, the group takes to the high seas from our base on Studland beach on our kayaks to fish en route to the iconic stacks at Old Harry Rocks, a short paddle away. We scavenge for seaweed and sea vegetables from the boats and along the shoreline, hunting for an array of wild edibles and pulling in pots to seek out crustaceans and shellfish. Back at the beach, we head to our secret spot, a beautiful private pavillion overlooking the sea to create a wild feast and enjoy our bounty together.
Sustainable Wild Food
All of our wild food adventures are created to engage people with the fresh ingredients that grow wild and to help them learn the skills to respect and enjoy our environment, such as the rules for sustainable fishing or how to forage respectfully. The group is involved in the process of sourcing the ingredients and then shown ways to prep and use wild food in cooking before enjoying our chefs’ creations together in the great outdoors.
Please note: In some cases, it may not be practical for your activity to go ahead as planned due to weather conditions. In this case, we reserve the right to substitute activities. Where we cannot kayak on the kayak fish forage and feast we will replace this with a Forage and Feast and refund the £70 difference.
- All of our kayak fish forage and feast experiences run from our Hutquarters on Middle beach in Studland.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as we, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- You will need to be ready in your swimwear for a swift change into wetsuits.
- After a quick change, you will make your way down to our beach hut down on the beach.
- After a short safety briefing, you will kayak out to explore the majestic Old Harry Rocks. We hug the coastline and stay in mostly shallow water all the way. At Old Harry, we enter deeper water and explore the cliffs and sea stacks.
- This trip is on double sit-on-top kayaks and is suitable for complete novices or more experienced kayakers.
- On the water, you will forage and fish from the kayaks and our expert guides will share with you their knowledge of wild food.
- After returning to base and changing into dry clothes, we will take you on a short forage along the seashore before heading to our seaside pavilion where you will meet our chef.
- We will share with you ideas about how to prepare wild ingredients and you will learn how they are being used in your meal.
- This event includes a 2-course meal. Please advise us when you book if you have any allergies or dietary requirements we need to be aware of.
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will need to wear your swimming cossie or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes, a towel, a water bottle to stay hydrated, and something to eat.
- In winter you will need to wear a base layer under our wetsuit (manmade fabric as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks for afterward!
- £10pp (minimum age allowed is 12 years).
- Bespoke options are available for groups too.
- Bespoke Kayak, Fish, Forage & Feast (5 hours) £3000 for groups of up to 20.
Half Day At Old Harry
Full Day At Old Harry
Intermediate Sea Kayaking
Full Day At Old Harry
Advanced Sea Kayaking
Paddleboarding At Old Harry
Half Day At Studland Bay
Stars Over The Sea
Night Time Kayak Tour
Half Day At Studland Bay
Coastal Wild Food
Kayak, Fish, And Forage