Kayak Fishing At Old Harry – Half Day
Kayak Fishing At Old Harry – Half Day Details
Old Harry Half Day Kayak Fishing
70.00 (group discount available £65)
Group Size: 6
Great for individuals and couples
Location: Middle Beach, Studland
Suitable for those with a bit of experience
Available: April — October
Please bring swimwear and footwear
Kayak Fishing At Old Harry – Half Day Reviews
“Went Kayak fishing around Old Harrys Rock had an amazing time instructor was brilliant and made you feel welcome and safe at all times I even caught a fish can’t wait to go and do another activity they have so much to offer well done and see you soon”
“I loved this. Using the lines I caught three fish with my own hands, I’m now addicted to kayak fishing. Our guide was full of interesting knowledge and the scenery blew my mind”
“We were thoroughly impressed with our kayak fishing tour. We learned so much about the local seaweed and how to catch fish on the move. Being in amongst Old Harry’s Rocks on the water is a must”
“Thank you for a beautiful afternoon at Harry’s rocks, we love the Dorset coast and being in the shadow of the chalk stacks was incredible. Jame’s fishing however left something to be desired! Thank you again, we will be back next year for your foraging, fishing and feasting experience”
Sally & James Fry
Kayak Fishing At Old Harry – Half Day Questions
Join us for a morning or afternoon guided sea kayak fishing trip with one of our BC – qualified instructors and try out our fishing kayaks with a professional who is familiar with the area. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, we promise to give you a memorable experience.
The session would commence with a safety briefing and introduction to the equipment and kayaks, followed by a trip to the best kayak fishing locations in Studland. Depending on the time duration and conditions on the day we explore the North end of Studland Beach close to the mouth of Poole Harbour and beyond, or to the far Eastern tip of Old Harry’s Rocks and around to Swanage.
We manage our sea kayak fishing sessions responsibly and in a sustainable manner. Fishing from a kayak is an ecology-friendly activity with minimal impact on the environment. You can catch Bream, Bass, Mackerel, Rays, and Dogfish in the Summer and Whiting and Plaice in the Winter.
Required Kayaking Experience
Please note *You will need to have had prior experience in a kayak before you join one of our half-day intro to kayak fishing sessions. (This does not apply to the kayak, fish forage, and feast experiences which are suitable for beginners). If you haven’t been in a kayak before book on one of our half-day kayak tour or 2-hour kayak tour or our intro to sea kayaking half-day trips. All bookings and info are on the booking page.
Bespoke options are also available for groups or individuals see bespoke options.
All of the equipment you need is provided and if the weather gods let us down and we have to cancel then we promise a full refund or a chance to re-book.
- All of our kayak fishing adventures run from our Hutquarters on Middle beach in Studland.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as we, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- You will need to be ready in your swimwear for a swift change into wetsuits.
- After a quick change, you will make your way down to our beach hut down on the beach where we will forage en route to the shoreline.
- After a short safety briefing and introduction to the equipment, you will kayak out to explore the majestic Old Harry Rocks. We hug the coastline and stay in mostly shallow water all the way. At Old Harry, we enter deeper water and explore the cliffs and sea stacks on the other side where we will fish from the kayaks.
- This trip is on single sit-on-top fishing kayaks, Please note *You will need to have had prior experience in a kayak before you join one of our half-day intro to kayak fishing sessions. (This does not apply to the kayak, fish forage, and feast experiences which are suitable for beginners). If you haven’t been in a kayak before book on one of our half-day or 2-hour kayak tours or our intro to sea kayaking half-day trips. All bookings and info are on the booking page.
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will need to wear your swimming cossie or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- In winter you will need to wear a base layer under our wetsuit (manmade fabric as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks for afterward!
- £6pp (minimum age allowed is 16 years).
- Bespoke options are available for groups too.
- Bespoke Kayak Fishing (3 hours) discount rate £390 for groups of up to 6.
Half Day At Studland Bay
Coastal Wild Food
Kayak, Fish, And Forage
2 Hours At Old Harry
Coastal Food Experience
Kayak, Fish, Forage And Feast
Stars Over The Sea
Night Time Kayak Tour
Half Day At Old Harry
Beginners Sea Kayaking
Learn From The Best
Private Sea Kayaking
2 Hours Paddleboarding
Introduction To Sup