Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours
Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours Details
Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours
45.00 (group discount available £40)
10 (we can accommodate larger bespoke groups up to 30)
Great for families
Location: Middle Beach, Studland
Suitable for beginners
Available: April — October
Please Bring: swimwear and footwear
Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours Reviews
“Just could not be improved! Dan was excellent, the session was well-equipped, and the memories will last forever. I’ve been coming to Dorset for holidays since I was five, and this is the best time I have ever had. Thank you.”
“Absolutely loved our kayaking adventure, which was a first for our family. John was great, showing us sights as we went round and our boys loved looking in the rock pools. It is definitely the best way to get up close to Old Harry Rocks, we would highly recommend it, and can’t wait to do it again.”
“We had an amazing morning. Thanks especially for organising the seal, a fantastic experience we will never forget.”
“Whether you are a first-time kayaker or a seasoned veteran, the paddle to Old Harry Rocks is a terrific way to spend a morning. The views are absolutely stunning! Our guide Kyle was fantastic! He was not only patient and helpful with the newbies, but he pointed out so many interesting things about the region, tides, sea birds, and even edible seaweed. Some areas of the water were calm and flat, others were a bit choppier – so much fun! But Kyle helped everyone navigate safely. Recommend highly!”
Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours Questions
Kayak Tour At Old Harry Rocks – 2 Hours if you’re short of time or have young children £45pp
Join our 2 hour kayak tour to explore the bay and head out towards Old Harry Rocks, come and take in the beautiful surroundings and stunning scenery whilst learning a new skill with our expert kayak instructors on hand to give you top tips and ensure you have time to remember. Daily trips at 9-11, 11.30-1.30 or 2.30-4.30 run from April – October. If the session is full join our waiting list or book one of our Half day Old Harry Rocks trips or 2 hour SUP sessions.
This kayaking tour for £45 per person runs from our base on Middle beach to explore the Bay out towards Old Harry Rocks.
You will journey by kayak to see the Rocks, the perfect tour for those with less time to enjoy the rest of the coastline. This tour is suitable for age 8+. This is suitable for beginners and there is no requirement to swim as you wear buoyancy aids.
If you want to go further along the coastline and explore the stacks and arches join our 3 hour trip for age 12+ for £60pp
Kayak Tour Important Information
These trips are run using double sit on top kayaks, please book in your groups as you will be sharing a double kayak. If you are booking a group that is an odd number we have some single (sit on top) kayaks reserved for this situation only. Children under 14 cannot go on a kayak on their own so need to be booked in with an accompanying adult to share a kayak with them.
Please note: If you are booking as an individual or want a single kayak please book on the half day intro to sea kayak trips which are run in single closed cock pit kayaks.
Please supply a number we can reach you on and if the weather gods are not on our side and we deem it unsafe to run your session we give you your money back or the option to reschedule it’s up to you!
If your child is within 6 months of the suggested minimum age you are fine to go ahead and book this experience, if your children are younger you can book this trip as a private bespoke tour. These are £400 for the 2 hour tour for groups of up to 10, the min age is 6+ on private tours, to book this option select the ‘book entire activity’ option on the booking page.
- All of our Old Harry Rocks 2 hour sit on top kayaking sessions run from our Hutquarters on Middle beach in Studland.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as we, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- You will need to be ready in your swimwear for a swift change into wetsuits.
- After a quick change, you will make your way down to our beach hut down on the beach.
- After a short safety briefing, you will kayak out to explore the majestic Old Harry Rocks. We hug the coastline and stay in mostly shallow water all the way. At Old Harry we enter deeper water and explore the cliffs and sea stacks further.
- Please note: This is an open group activity shared with others and although the aim of the tour is always to get out as far as the beach adjacent to Old Harry Rocks, (and 99% of the time we do) please be aware that this trip is aimed at all abilities and beginners and we have to travel at the pace of the whole group. On very rare occasions factors are out of our control and so we cannot guarantee that all groups will get up close to the rocks, however, we can guarantee that our guides will use their skills to get you as close as possible to get a view of Old Harry at sea level and give you a great kayak tour!
- If you are intent on exploring further along the coastline please book a private trip (details above) or on one of our half day sit on top trips or our intro to sea kayaking courses which are 3 hours long.
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will need to wear your swimming cossie or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- In winter you will need to wear a base layer under our wetsuit (manmade fabric as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks for afterward!
- £45pp (minimum age allowed is 8 years)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If your child is younger see our bespoke options.
- The private tours are £550 for the half day or £400 for the 2-hour tour for groups of up to 10.
If your group is larger than 10 we can still accommodate you.
- We can work with groups of up to 30. For larger groups, we run multiple groups of up to 10 at the same time to make up a larger group size. You will still need to book an entire group of up to 10 even if your group size is smaller than this.
- The min age is 6+ on private 2-hour tours or 10+ on half days.
- To book a bespoke trip select the book ‘group ticket’ button and this session will be booked privately for your group. Please contact us directly if there are not enough sessions available to book your entire group and we can check if we have availability to add more.
Half Day At Old Harry
Stars Over The Sea
Night Time Kayak Tour
Half Day At Old Harry
Beginners Sea Kayaking
Coastal Food Experience
Kayak, Fish, Forage And Feast
Paddleboarding At Old Harry
Half Day At Studland Bay
Life Under The Sea