BC Sea Kayak Course In Dorset – 2 Day
2 Day BC Sea Kayak Course Details
BC Sea Kayak Course – 2 Day
Group Size: 4
Great for individuals and groups
Location: Middle Beach, Studland or further afield
Suitable for those with a bit of experience
Available: April — October
Please bring swimwear and footwear
BC Sea Kayak Course – 2 Day Reviews
“Thanks, Dan, I thought the first-day trip to Poole Harbour was incredible, however, day 2 around Old Harry Rocks blew it out of the water! Sea caves, rock arches, and title rushes I enjoyed every part of the course (I’ve even memorised all of the safety aspects”
“Thanks, guys, I am now the proud owner of a BC sea kayaking award and had a lovely weekend. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to advance their sea kayaking with all the experience and knowledge of friendly coaches”
“100% recommend – this has to be the best location to achieve the BC Sea Kayak Award. We witnessed sunset over the sea in Poole Harbour and dolphins and seals on the way around Old Harry Rocks along the way”
“I learned to paddle with Fore Adventure and last year my husband and I enjoyed the Intermediate Sea Kayaking. This summer we decided to go for the BC sea kayaking award and we both had a wonderful time.”
BC Sea Kayak Course – 2 Day Questions
The British Canoeing Sea kayak award is perfect for paddlers looking to endorse their skills to paddle safely on the sea. The award is designed to introduce sea paddling. Or help you on your journey to coastal or advanced sea environments.
The BC Sea kayak course is run in winds of up to Force 3 and a Tidal current of 1 Knot. At Fore Adventure, we run this in Sea kayaks or as a bespoke option in sit-on-top kayaks
Personal paddling negotiating confined spaces, forward paddling, and changing and maintaining direction form part of the award. The sea kayak award also focuses on developing an understanding of the coastal environment and how we make dynamic decisions on the sea.
The sea kayak award is a great way to monitor your progress in paddlesport.
- Unless we tell you something else all of our BC Sea kayaking sessions run from our Hutquarters on Middle beach in Studland. If this trip will be running in the harbour you will be notified where to meet in advance, but it will start on the Studland side of the harbour.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as we, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- You will need to be ready in your swimwear for a swift change into wetsuits.
- After a quick change, you will make your way down to our beach hut down on the beach.
- After a short safety briefing, you will kayak out to explore the majestic Old Harry Rocks. We hug the coastline and stay in mostly shallow water all the way. At Old Harry, we enter deeper water and explore the cliffs and sea stacks further around Swanage bay.
- This trip is on single closed cockpit kayaks. You need to be comfortable paddling a sea kayak on the sea with a spray deck.
- On both days our Sea Coach will include you in the planning, decision making safety and navigation decisions. As well as covering in-depth sea kayaking personal paddling skills and appropriate rescue strategies including the use of towlines etc.
- Typical days include the following journeys:
- Day 1 Studland to Poole harbour returning Studland.
- Day 2 Studland to Swanage returning Studland.
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will need to wear your swimming cossie or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- In winter you will need to wear a base layer under our wetsuit (manmade fabric as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks for afterward!
- 2 days £220pp (minimum age allowed is 18 years).
Full Day At Old Harry
Advanced Sea Kayaking
Coastal Food Experience
Kayak, Fish, Forage And Feast
Half Day At Old Harry
Paddleboarding At Old Harry
Full Day At Old Harry
Intermediate Sea Kayaking
2 Hours At Old Harry
Stars Over The Sea
Night Time Kayak Tour
Half Day At Old Harry
Beginners Sea Kayaking