Intermediate Sea Kayaking – Full Day Course
Intermediate Sea Kayaking – Full Day Details
Full Day Intermediate Sea Kayaking
120.00 (group discount available £110)
Group Size: 6
Great for individuals & couples
Location: Middle Beach, Studland
Suitable for those who are confident paddling a sea kayak
Available: April — October
Please bring swimwear and footwear
Intermediate Sea Kayaking – Full Day Reviews
“This was our third trip out to old Harry rocks with fore adventure and this time took our grown up daughters with us. I continue to learn new kayaking tips (Andy taught us the difference between the straight pull stroke to go in a straight line versus the semi circle to turn – somehow I’d missed that on previous trips). Tried some sawwrack seaweed – hmm might be nicer cooked.
We all had a great time and enjoyed the physicality of kayaking (and the coolness on the water on such a hot day).”
“Had a great afternoon session kayaking to old Harry’s Rock. Kyle was a great guide, really friendly, making sure we all were having a good time.”
“A fantastic morning kayaking around Old Harry Rocks. Elliot was a great guide, very knowledgeable of the area. Highly recommended.”
“We had a kayaking experience around Old Harry’s Rocks and it was fantastic. Our guide, Dani, was brilliant – she shared stories and legends, pointed out the wildlife, showed us fossils, got seaweed spaghetti for us to taste and all around made it a great experience. Would definitely do kayaking here again.”
Intermediate Sea Kayaking – Full Day Questions
Duration: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Half day intro to sea kayaking or similar experience. These trips run from April till October.
Let one of our coaches help you develop your sea kayaking skills and confidence on the water by joining us for a full day of sea kayaking which will give you the additional time on the water and experience you need to progress.
This intermediate sea kayaking session will build on your existing knowledge, focusing on giving you the skills needed to handle a closed cockpit sea kayak confidently by focusing on boat handling and safety skills and putting your newly acquired skills into practice further by navigating your sea kayak through the caves and past the stacks and cliffs at Old Harry Rocks round to Swanage bay.
At Swanage, we will take a break from paddling and you will have a moment to have your lunch and enjoy the stunning scenery before working on some skills in the bay and then returning back to our base in Studland taking in the awesome rocks once more.
Our sea kayak tuition takes place in small groups in a ratio of 6 to 1 instructor to ensure you get the attention and support you need.
Sea Kayaking In A World Heritage Site
The Dorset coastline provides us with the perfect location and conditions to teach sea kayaking skills. The caves that we explore, stacks we circle, and arches we pass through from the water’s surface make a sea playground like no other and it’s our job to share it with you. On this full day of sea kayaking, we travel beyond Old Harry Rocks round to Swanage or explore the channels, creeks, and islands of stunning Poole Harbour.
This is the ideal intermediate kayaking course for people who have already taken part in our intro to sea kayak course and had some more experience and practice on the sea before embarking on our more advanced sea kayaking courses which take you out into rougher conditions further along the Jurassic coastline.
- Unless we tell you something else all of our intermediate sea kayaking sessions run from our Hutquarters on Middle beach in Studland, if this trip will be running in the harbour you will be notified where to meet in advance, but it will start on the Studland side of the harbour.
- Please arrive at our base in the car park 10 minutes before your adventure begins to ensure a savvy start as we, unfortunately, can’t hold the session if you are late.
- You will need to be ready in your swimwear for a swift change into wetsuits.
- After a quick change, you will make your way down to our beach hut down on the beach.
- After a short safety briefing, you will kayak out to explore the majestic Old Harry Rocks. We hug the coastline and stay in mostly shallow water all the way. At Old Harry, we enter deeper water and explore the cliffs and sea stacks further around Swanage bay.
- This trip is on single closed cockpit kayaks. You need to be comfortable paddling a sea kayak on the sea with a spray deck. We run intro to sea kayaking courses should you need to brush up on your skills first.
What To Bring
- You will need to bring footwear (old trainers or aqua shoes do just the job).
- You will need to wear your swimming cossie or shorts underneath our wetsuits. Make sure you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothes, a towel, and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- In winter you will need to wear a base layer under our wetsuit (manmade fabric as cotton will retain water). Hats and gloves are a good idea too, as well as a snug fleece and some warm socks for afterward!
- £120pp (minimum age allowed is 18 years).
- Bespoke tuition – Half Day For 1 £180 / 2 people £240 / 3 – 4 £300 / 5-6 £360.
- Full Day For 1 £360 / 2 people £460 / 3 – 4 £560 / 5-6 £660.
- (please note – bespoke options for up to 4 people are only available midweek outside of school holidays, we can run bespoke for groups of 5-6 on weekends and throughout the holidays).
Full Day At Old Harry
Advanced Sea Kayaking
Half Day At Old Harry
Stars Over The Sea
Night Time Kayak Tour
Paddleboarding At Old Harry
Half Day At Old Harry
Beginners Sea Kayaking
2 Hours At Old Harry
Learn From The Best
Private Sea Kayaking
Coastal Food Experience
Kayak, Fish, Forage And Feast