Primrose and Lemon Vegan Cheesecake:
Primrose and lemon vegan cheesecake has been a longtime loved desert in our household. And featured at our last Foraging and Feasting event in Dorset as a vegan pudding option. To be honest I think this was the best received pud to date and all of our guests, vegan or not ate every last crumb, the best way to test a recipes success!
Never is there a surer sign of spring than a display of primroses by the curb side. As soon as we spot them our hearts lift with joy. We use them in everything from puds to syrups. Especially vegan cheesecake! And for sprinkling on salads to bring a smattering of sunshine to our plate so yearned for after a long winter.
Here’s our raw vegan recipe for lemon and primrose cheesecake, no baking required, no dairy and no gluten either. So it is a great pudding recipe for lots of occasions where guests may have intolerances that need to be catered for too.
The Recipe for Vegan Cheesecake:
- Cup of dates
- Cup of mixed nuts
- Handful of coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 2 thirds of a can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp primrose syrup
- cup of cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- Blitz your base ingredients in a food processor. Add to a cake tin and pop in the freezer
- Blitz your wet ingredients with a blender until a smooth creamy texture. Add to the cake tin and freeze for 24 hours.
- Remove from the freezer approx 3 hour before serving to defrost. Enioy!!
Come Join us!
Who knows we may make our vegan cheesecake!
Images from our latest Forage & Feast event in Dorset, see our upcoming events here.
Thanks to the super clever and rather lovely Maria Bell for her gorgeous images.